Friday, February 11, 2011

Kaputt

Yeah, so I got a job back in September which really has left me with very little time to update my blog (not really).  I've just been preoccupied with other things to really sit down and fuss with this again.  I'm going to try to make a genuine effort to update this more often from here on out. 

So lets start with what I've been listening to over and over again lately.  Destroyer.  His new album "Kaputt" is absolutely amazing..I was hooked from the opener "Chinatown".  The album has been called corny, cheesy, yachty...I think its all three but in a fascinating wonderful way.  Lots of synths and sax throughout and oddball lyrics.  Makes for a good listen to my ears.  My standout track "Song For America", which i've heard described as "end of the party we're still dancing and its 3am".  Make what you will of that, but give this album a listen, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment