Sunday, August 8, 2010

Its not far down to paradise.




When I was a kid there was no one cooler when it came to musical tastes then my dad, he introduced me to the Beach Boys and Boston at a young age and they went on to become two of my favorite bands. When I was a bit older he started buying records religiously to play on his new turntable. He'd come home with some albums that I strictly loved because of the album covers. One I remember in particular was Christopher Cross' debut album. The one with the pink flamingo on it. The one with "Sailing" on it.

I remember when "Sailing" would come on in the car and I would voice my displeasure to my father or mother about it. Secretly I loved that song and I still do. I remember listening to the radio with my parents and acting like I hated every damn minute of Captain and Tenille, George Benson, England Dan & John Ford Coley and the legendary Gino Vannelli but really I loved every minute of those songs . All I need is my captains hat, white slacks and huarache sandals and I'm good to go. So without further ado I present to you my "songs your parents played in the car and you secretly loved" playlist:

2 comments: