Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's all fun and games until someone loses a sausage.


It's that time a year again, when men in their mid thirties get to act like they are twenty-one again for a few days out in the woods for the annual "Sausage Retreat".  Starting next Thursday in upstate New York twelve of us will converge on the camp of my friend John, free of wives and children for four days; eating meat, drinking beer, playing golf and horseshoes for the coveted "Sausage Cup".  As current holder of the "Sausage Cup" with my friend Mike,  I can tell you, there is no better feeling than to raise the cup and guzzle some cold ones from it. 

This will be a tournament of some of the greatest and worlds best beer drinkers, golfers and athlete's from New England....yeah OK, its actually a collection of twelve of the most out of shape, beer belly hanging, liver marinating dudes you'll ever set eyes upon.  Needless to say its bound to be a great time and a miserable ride home on Sunday.

I've come up with a play list of some of my favorite drinking songs for sausage retreat and I share them with you now.  "Songs to Sausage By".


2 comments:

  1. Hey man we are not that out of shape, make it sound like we are all 300#s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak for yourself, I'm out of shape....

    ReplyDelete